The grounds for reuniting the family of a foreigner with a permitted residence in Bulgaria are legally changed. A foreigner, with a residence permit of not less than one year on the territory of Bulgaria, can submit an application for obtaining the right of temporary residence (prolonged-stay) from a member of his/her family, if any of the following grounds exist in relation to his/her family member:
– if there are grounds for granting him/her permanent residence;
– if he/she is a member of the family of a foreigner who has received a permanent or temporary residence (prolonged-stay) permit, as well as of a foreigner who has received international protection – when the documents certifying family ties and the right to maintenance are recognized or admitted for execution under Bulgarian law;
– if he/she is a member of the family of a foreigner with granted asylum, temporary protection or humanitarian status – when the documents certifying the family ties and the right to maintenance are recognized or admitted for execution under the Bulgarian legislation;
– if he/she is a member of the family of a long-term resident foreigner – he/she may obtain a long-term residence permit for a period of one year with the possibility of renewal, without exceeding the permitted period of residence of the holder;
– if he/she is a member of the family of a holder of a permit for a person transferred during an intra-corporate transfer – he/she may obtain a temporary residence (prolonged-stay) permit for the period of residence of the holder.
Continue reading “Change in the grounds for family reunification of a foreigner with a residence permit in Bulgaria”
What are the benefits of getting a Bulgarian temporary residence permit?
- Foreigners will get a Bulgarian ID card allowing their stay in Bulgaria and multiple entries into the country.
- Your Bulgarian ID card can be extended and foreigners can later apply for permanent residence and full citizenship.
- Access to a simpler visa process for Schengen Zone.
- You can take your family to Bulgaria.
What duration of living does a temporary residence permit allow me in Bulgaria?
A Bulgarian temporary residence permit allows you to stay for either 6 or 12 months. You can renew yearly your temporary residence permit.
When do I become qualified to apply for a Bulgarian permanent residence permit? Continue reading “Bulgarian temporary residence permit – Questions and Answers”
If you decide to travel to Bulgaria, kindly read our guide in order to acquire general information what is required.
At first, check whether a visa is required for your country.
Visa Regime for foreigners with ordinary passports for a short stay (until 90 days) – check the list.
Visa Regime for foreigners with diplomatic and service passports – check the list.
Visa A (for airport transit) – The airport transit visa entitles the foreigner to cross or to stay in the international transit zone of the airport in the case of a transit landing or of changing flights for the purpose of continuing travel to another state. Continue reading “Bulgarian Visa information guide”
An extended residence permit may be granted to foreigners who possess a visa D (information below) and:
– wish to work under a contract of employment after obtaining a permit from the authorities of the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy;
– engage in commercial activities in Bulgaria according to the statutory procedure and at least ten jobs for Bulgarian citizens, maintained for the term of residence, have been created as a result of the said activities, unless otherwise agreed in an international treaty which has been ratified, promulgated and entered into force for the Republic of Bulgaria;
– are foreign specialists residing in Bulgaria by virtue of international treaties whereto the Republic of Bulgaria is a party;
– have grounds to be permitted permanent residence;
– are representatives of non-resident commercial corporations registered at the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry; Continue reading “Extended residence in Bulgaria”