EORI number is used to identify legal persons and individuals based in the European Union, as well as those outside the EU, when performing customs activities in the EU.
With effect from 01.07.2009, for all economic operators in their interaction with the customs administration of a Member State of the European Community, it is necessary to have an unique identification number EORI (acronym for Economic Operator Registration and Identification). In this relation all companies and individuals sending and receiving packages/consignments need to obtain EORI number from the relevant customs office.
Some cases for which EORI number is required Continue reading “What is an EORI number?”
A shelf company (also called “ready made company”) is a denotation for a company which is registered in the Commercial Register in Bulgaria and has never conducted business activity. This kind of companies do not have any obligations, assets or liabilities.
Should I buy a shelf company?
It is a smart decision if you are applying for a project and there is a requirement the company to be registered at least 6 month ago – quite common in applying for EU grants/funding.
Ready made companies with a VAT registration Continue reading “Advantages of a shelf company”
The types of business organizations, most often used in Bulgaria are a Limited Liability Company (LTD/LLC), a Joint-Stock Company (JSC), a branch and a trade representation.
- Limited Liability Company (LLC/LTD)
It is the business type most popular among investors and entrepreneurs because of the minimum capital requirements, simplified structure and management. LLC can be established by one or more persons – individuals and/or legal entities. Shareholders in LLC may be Bulgarian and/or foreign individuals and/or legal entities. Continue reading “Types of business in Bulgaria”
If you decide to travel to Bulgaria, kindly read our guide in order to acquire general information what is required.
At first, check whether a visa is required for your country.
Visa Regime for foreigners with ordinary passports for a short stay (until 90 days) – check the list.
Visa Regime for foreigners with diplomatic and service passports – check the list.
Visa A (for airport transit) – The airport transit visa entitles the foreigner to cross or to stay in the international transit zone of the airport in the case of a transit landing or of changing flights for the purpose of continuing travel to another state. Continue reading “Bulgarian Visa information guide”
Community license for international road haulage
Registration of transport company
How to get transport license in Bulgaria?
It is necessary to have a registered company (regardless of the legal form – LTD., JSC., etc.) and its scope of activity is specified for the carriage of goods against payment. Registration of company which carries out transport activity has its own peculiarities, therefore you can count on our qualified legal assistance in registration of transport company.
What documents are needed for Community license for international road haulage? Continue reading “Transport license in EU”
If you plan to start a business in Bulgaria by a company registration or a commercial representation of your foreign business, it may be necessary to provide documents from abroad, subject to certification and legalization. This text will help you understand what is apostille, when and for which countries it is mandatory to be used and where it is issued.
For a document issued by a foreign state to be recognized by Bulgarian institutions, it shall be arranged in a way which depends on whether the respective state is a party to the Hague Convention, whether between the two states there is a Legal Aid Agreement that is still in force or whether this state does not fall in any of the first two groups.
Requirement for apostille Continue reading “Certifications and legalizations”
Foreign companies /legal entities/ may open accounts in Bulgarian banks following the relevant requirements. For the convenience of our clients we have made a summary of the documents that shall be presented before opening the account: Continue reading “Bulgarian bank account of a foreign company”
I. Under Art. 13 of Bulgarian Citizenship Act
The person who is not Bulgarian citizen:
- Must be an adult;
- Has not been convicted of a crime by Bulgarian court or is not prosecuted for such a crime, unless rehabilitated;
- Has an income or occupation that enables him to live in Bulgaria;
- Is skillful at Bulgarian language;
- Is released from present citizenship or will be released from it at the moment of acquiring Bulgarian citizenship – exception for spouses of BG citizens, citizens of EU-countries, other countries with which Bulgaria has a contract;
And before no less than 3 years of the date of filing of naturalization application has been given permanent residence permit. Continue reading “Acquiring BG citizenship of a foreigner”
Permission for a permanent residence may receive aliens:
– of Bulgarian descent;
– who have resided legally and continuously on the territory of the country for a period of five years, five years after contracting a marriage with a foreigner permanent resident in Bulgaria;
– minor or underage children of a foreigner permanent resident in Bulgaria, who have not married;
– parents of a Bulgarian citizen, where they provide the said citizen with the child support due under the law and resided legally and constantly for a period of 3 years in the territory of the state;
– who have resided legally and without interruption on the territory of the country for a period of 5 years and for this period they have not been absent for more than 30 months; Continue reading “Permanent residence in Bulgaria”